I-Bhd set to be a pioneer in real estate, technology and finance

0

PETALING JAYA: I-Bhdwho transformed RM10bil i-City, Malaysia’s premier tech city in two decades, is set to be a pioneer in the triple play of real estate, technology and finance.

It was envisaged to be more of an innovative asset processor, than a pure real estate player or an ordinary developer.

I-Bhd has successfully bundled well-known brands in real estate, hospitality and retail while attracting multinationals in technology and finance.

Few people realize that properties wholly owned by I-Bhd have attracted iconic brands such as DoubleTree by Hilton and Best Western to the hospitality industry.

It wholly owns Mercu Maybank, the GBI-certified Grade A smart corporate tower that was chosen by Malaysia’s largest bank to relocate 1,500 of its staff there. Other tenants include multinational corporations and Fortune 500 companies.

Technologically, I-Bhd also owns 100% of i-City’s Tier-3 certified data center, which is served by super artificial intelligence (AI) and dual-fiber network and provides the mother of all Internet and connectivity needs. to his community.

New large-scale data centers are also being prepared to meet the expected increase in demand for cloud computing and big data computing facilities.

More than 10 years ago, the foundation was laid by first creating an internet-savvy community, bringing state-of-the-art networks and providing a scalable, future-ready ecosystem for i-City.

I-Bhd has transformed the land i-City now resides on, and they have done so in innovative ways, so many people see its role as an innovative transformer.

The 150,000 square foot CentralWalk in i-City, an edutainment and lifestyle entertainment center and amusement park that won CNN Travel’s City of Digital Lights award, featuring 14,000 parking spaces, is also wholly owned by I-Bhd.

With the next phase of progress, it would focus on technology that complements finance and helps the proliferation of Super Apps, to be at the forefront of fintech and emerging technology trends for the future development of i-City.

It has been difficult to always be one step ahead of the competition, but it has also been rewarding when I-Bhd sees success in being the preferred catalyst for global multinationals and technology-driven companies, many of whom have chosen to be located at i- City Finance Avenue.

i-City Finance Avenue, which is connected to the Central i-City mall, is home to Mercu Maybank and DoubleTree by Hilton. It includes the upcoming BeCentral serviced residences, high-end office and shopping malls as well as experiential centers, while the International Convention Center, with its 2,000-person capacity, is expected to open at the end of the year. next year.

For retail, I-Bhd has enlisted the Central Pattana Group of Thailand as a partner. This largest mall operator in Thailand has chosen to establish Central i-City Mall as its first foreign investment and owns a 60% stake in the mall, while the remaining 40% is held by I-Bhd. The Thai partner also manages the mall.

The foresight and foresight of the Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, who granted i-City the status of an international zone in 2008, resulted in the transformation of the capital Shah Alam into a global arena, attracting businesses and foreign brands.

Share.

Comments are closed.